Topping the blog lists!

You made Thinking Out Loud one of the top ten conservative blogs on "Top Political Blog" site (on April 28, 2012) with an international audience. On February 18, 2013, we hit in the top 50 of ALL political blogs. (This changes all the time, so keep reading.) Thank you.

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Dinner with Barack

In an email from Rufus Gifford, it reads "We just launched our next Dinner with Barack contest, and this time there's a big new twist: Each winner can invite a guest."

Gee, doesn't that sound comfy cozy? Dinner with Barack. Oooooo, gets one all tingly. AND you can bring a guest if you win. Don't that really sound nifty? Ain't it just so nice of the President to get down and close with average Americans?

And all you have to do is donate some money to his re-election campaign.

Wait a minute. Is that really allowed? I mean, give money to his election campaign and you get to dine with the President. At the White House.

Isn't there some misuse of American funds and property here or something. I mean, if someone uses their Congressional staff or the mailroom or the copy and such on their re-election campaign, I know they get into trouble. But if the President uses the White House and the staff and such to cater to people who donate money to his re-election campaign, its okay??

What is up with that?????? Isn't there anyone out there in the media that is questioning this?

Oh, wait. I am.

Silly me. I guess if I am questioning it, then that means the media is all over it and the likes of CNN or ABC News or Fox News don't have to bother.

I know I can have a swelled head about my impact on the web and in such things as politics. But really? Me making this issue a household topic of conversation? Maybe if you all pass along this article to two friends and they tell two friends and so on and so on . . .

All I can say is, even if this passes the test of whatever passes for ethics in DC these days, it is still wrong in my book. If the President wants to hobnob with the average American, then he can do it with whoever wants to put their name in the hat. Not with only those who give him money. I remember when they were complaining about a President who "sold" the privilege of sleeping kin the Lincoln bedroom to people who donated money (Clinton years revisited anyone?). But this is just totally disconnected for Obama to do this. It was a bad idea by whoever in his campaign who suggested it. It was a bad idea for the President to go along with it. It was a bad idea of a White House Chief of Staff who is going along with it. And it is a bad idea for the media to totally ignore it.

Agree with me, disagree with me, think it is a non-issue as many Americans did during the Clinton years. No matter. But I just think YOU ought to have a problem with it, since so many are opposed to special privileges for some and not everyone these days. Either way, as long as I get you to think for yourself and come up with an opinion, then I have doen my job. Because this is just me, Thinking Out Loud.

Have a great day.

And Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

Charles

No comments:

Post a Comment