Topping the blog lists!

You made Thinking Out Loud one of the top ten conservative blogs on "Top Political Blog" site (on April 28, 2012) with an international audience. On February 18, 2013, we hit in the top 50 of ALL political blogs. (This changes all the time, so keep reading.) Thank you.

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Father's day and politics - should they be mixed?

You know, I am so sick and tired of all the politicians, and I mean ALL. Its not just Obama and the Democrats. If Republicans and others thought they could get mileage out of it, they would.

But you know what? I'm not "signing a card" for President Obama on Father's Day.

If I knew him, I might text or call or stop by and wish him a happy father's day. But I don't and I won't.

He ain't my dad. My dad passed away a few years ago. I called him, sent him a card, an email - visited when I could - but, I repeat, he was my dad.

I'll wish friends and relatives a happy father's day. And thats only if I know they're dads. Or if it won't hurt them to wish it. (Divorce, strained relationships and such can cause immense pain. I know.)

But I do not know the President well enough to wish him a Happy Father's Day. Thats up to Michelle and the girls. Thats up to his close friends and relatives. I do hope he has a nice one.

Where was Caroline Kennedy's call for you all to send MY dad a card? Hmmm? Where were all those pissant celebrities who have nothinh better to do then tell us what awe should be doing as far as politics are concerned? (Yea, like they really got it together and are people I would listen to.) Did they call for you to wish MY dad a happy father's day?

No.

SO as far as I am concerned, Caroline Kennedy, Michelle and all those ego-maniacal losers who don't know me from a hole in the ground can go pound sand. They can pander their brand of political BS somewhere else. And frankly, I don't know about you, but for me, this type of political use of something that is personal to each family is enough for me to say "I ain't voting for schmucks like this."

I know, you say I wouldn't be voting for him anyway. But truth be told, I am a conservative - thats with a small "c" and there is a HUGE difference - and I vote for who is best for the country. Who will run it best, be cognizant of their position as being servant to the people, can be fiscally responsible and not be a tool for ANYONE (big business, small business, political party, deep pockets, unions, special interest, foreign powers or religious doctrines). I voted for Bill Clinton because I liked his no-nonsense approach to "if it don't work, try something else" approach. But then HE became a tool to the Party. Then he showed his ignorance to simple semantics. I DID NOT vote for him a second term.

I vote for who I feel is best, not on party affiliation or rhetoric - but on action and proven history.

If Barack Obama had been a different man, then maybe. But as it stands, you're right. I'm not voting for him. But IF I HAD BEEN thinking about it, this kind of political antics would sour me.

But no matter. Agree or disagree, that is your prerogative. I only want you to think for yourself, STOP BEING SHEEP and AVOID THE SPIN of politicians and political consultants. CMOe up with your own opinions and not be a parrot for some spin doctor or biased talking head (or lame brained celebrity who can't even keep their marriages for more than six weeks or themselves out of rehab). Thinking for yourselves, use that grey matter in between your ears for heaven's sake.

But hey, its no skin off my nose. This is just me, Thinking Out Loud.

Have a great day.

Charles

No comments:

Post a Comment