Topping the blog lists!

You made Thinking Out Loud one of the top ten conservative blogs on "Top Political Blog" site (on April 28, 2012) with an international audience. On February 18, 2013, we hit in the top 50 of ALL political blogs. (This changes all the time, so keep reading.) Thank you.

Thursday, August 30, 2012

There is NO Fact Checking from a biased media

I love this post by Ed Morrissey over at HotAir.com!!

True, it has its own leaning. I mean he is defending his "side", but he is also pointing out the failure of today's media in not only their duties as the Fourth Estate but in their professionalism. How sad that they can't even do something as simple as research before stating "facts" that are easily proven wrong.

Which brings me to my main gripe (and no, its not the failure of today's so-called professionals in journalism).

Okay, yes it is.

I am so sick and tired of these people making all this money NOT doing the job they are supposed to be doing. All of them! CNN, FOX, NY Times, etc . . . every last one of these cretins who make big bucks while those of us in "alternative" media struggle. We have been holding BOTH sides accountable for the past (nearly) decade. And we make either NOTHING or peanuts. Not that I don't get other, personal, benefits from doing what I do. But it annoys me that these "professionals" make a mockery of journalism by getting paid to do something that is NOT journalism.

So why do we, the alternative media, do it? I can't answer why anyone else does it. I know there are ways to make money on blogs, but I have been unable to figure that out. I know there are ways to reach the "right" people and turn your successful blog into an earning opportunity. Those in positions of help don't seem to be reading mine.

So I cannot speak for anyone but myself.

And that is kind of the point of why I do it. I have a passion for it. I have a need to vent my feelings and make use of this small talent I possess to get people to think for themselves. I believe in the fourth estate. I believe that those in power need to be held accountable by the people and that the people need to be protected from those in power. Because, lets face it, even those with the best of intentions can be pulled from the straight and narrow path of "serving" their constituents. And it is our duty, those of us who have a modicum of skills in news gathering and presentation to remind them of their duty to the people.

Maybe those in the mainstream media who lean one way or the other have forgotten the passion. Maybe they never had it in the first place. I don't know. I just know they are far from the professionals they claim to be. Sure they make the money, but they don't do the job.

Anyway, enough of that particular rant. It doesn't matter if you agree with me or not. The point is that I just want you to start thinking for yourselves and stop listening to politicians who TELL you what to think, and these so-called professionals in the media who use their gifts to SPIN their thoughts into yours. Do that and I will consider my work done. Either way, its okay. Because this is, as usual, just me, Thinking Out Loud.

Have a great day.

Charles

1 comment:

  1. http://townhall.com/political-cartoons/2012/08/31/103219

    EXACTLY!

    ReplyDelete